26 January 2006

Quick Update

I have failed to mention that a few days ago I found out my paper, "Pragmatism and Its Limitations: Chicago Sociologists, Protestant Missionaries and The Survey of Race Relations" has been accepted into the Whisett Conference on California history. The conference will take place in late March at CSU Northridge. I am both excited and scared out of my mind. I have to reorient myself with the research and historiography involved in my paper. But it is a great opportunity even though it will stress me out for the next month and a half. In related news, they want a short bio and picture for their publicity announcement. Unfortunately, I realized I don't have a single picture that doesn't involve party tops, smoky eye makeup or the video conferencing camera on my computer at work.

In other news, per my request, Caely (my friend and the Events Coordinator at work) will no longer be purchasing Coke products for our receptions and luncheons. Yay for baby steps...

I am off to Redding to attend my dad's retirement party this weekend. Update to follow shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home