12 December 2005

Killer Coke

I am a Diet Coke addict. On a warm day, there is almost nothing I like more than a fizzy, straight from tap, Diet Coke to cool me down and wake me up. I have been following the "Killer Coke" campaign for awhile, and today have finally decided my conscience can overlook this ethical issue no longer. As of today I am no longer purchasing Coca-Cola products.

Last Friday, New York University officially banned Coke
distribution from its campus (http://www.nyunews.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/12/09/4399264e25c89), and I am going to stop purchasing their products in solidarity with the student/faculty organizers who have worked hard to bring about this partially symbolic yet significant change.

Please consider looking at the Global Exchange's brief report on corporate human rights violations: http://www.globalexchange.org/getInvolved/corporateHRviolators.html

1 Comments:

Blogger sen said...

i just went to the killer coke website and saw that odwalla is a subsidiary of coca-cola. i am bummed. their juice is so yummy. however, i'm not sure if the killer coke campaign includes odwalla as well... thoughts anyone?

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home