15 March 2006

Procrastination and its Discontents

Unfortunately, since that great moment of intellectual satisfaction that I wrote about on the fifth of March, I have hardly glanced at my paper presentation. Looks like working in the journalism world has deeped rather than altered my deadline driven work ethic. I don't know exactly when I will start to freak out about the nearing conference, but hopefully it will be soon.

We had a great event here on Monday night wherein I remembered what it is like to work for 15 hours in one day - haven't done that since the days of CalSO. The atmosphere in the building on an event day is full of buzz and the excitement propels me through the day. When the event eventually ended around 10PM the exhaustion set in. This exhaustion hadn't lifted until I woke up this morning - yesterday I existed in some zombie state where my most important task at work was staying awake.

So now that the event is over I have no excuse but to work on my presentation. Of course, both St. Patrick's Day and Cal's berth in the NCAA tournament threaten to derail my path to productivity. Similarly distracting is the tennis round robin tournament I have organized for my friends this Sunday. It will be the first day of real sun here in weeks and I can't wait to get out on the court and double fault most of my points ;-)

I have so many blog entries planned in my head, but they will have to wait until this presentation is over next Friday.

Until then read this: http://tomdispatch.com/index.mhtml?pid=68077

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home