09 July 2005

Hej fran Sverige

Hej fran Sverige! I have been in Stockholm now for a little over two days and am enjoying this beautiful city and the relaxed pace of my trip. My mother and I are approaching this excursion more as an experience than a tour of the sites. Thank goodness, for I think I am still recovering from graduate school. After sleeping seven hours on the plane, we arrived in Sweden at 9pm and I slept another full night of sleep. We have woken early both days to large Swedish breakfasts. At breakfast I make meager attempts to read Dagens Nyheter, the newspaper, and drink obsceneamountss of coffee. While meat is a large part of many meals, the Swedish breakfast caters to my taste and thus I partake of it in massive quantities. Sour milk reminiscent of Nancy's plain yogurt and musli, as well as rose hip soup andSwedishh pancakes are in unlimited supply..Heaven! As for lunches and dinners, that is a different story...and I usually eat salad, although tonight I surprisingly found a tofu dish. As for our non-food adventures, we are having a lot of fun exploring, getting lost and arriving too late for the attractions we hoped to see. Yesterday we happened accidentally upon the Changing of the Guard at the palace, and while interesting, was a little too touristy for my taste. Most importantly, through all our misadventures, I am hearing a lot ofSwedishh and feel good about my prospects for learning the language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home