02 July 2005

First Entry

Studying for my masters culminating exam in US history, I often procrastinated within the blogosphere, reading everyone from Jonathan Michael Marshall (talkingpointsmemo.com) to Swarthmore history prof, Timothy Burke (http://weblogs.swarthmore.edu/burke/) and my daily favorite, gawker.com. Now that I am done studying, my blog reading habit has yet to desist. Finally convinced to give blogging a try, this blog begins as I look toward my idols with great reverence and humbly begin my own ego-driven journal that hopefully at least my friends will find interesting. Can't make any promises though.

Overtime, I hope this blog will address more important social and cultural issues, basically a practice space for writing future op-ed columns and such. However, that is the final ideal state of its evolution. In the meantime, realistically this blog will be a posting of my daily readings, commentary on other people's more insightful blog postings and columns. And maybe even some non-fiction book reviews!! You are as excited as me, aren't you? I also look forward to hearing from my readers (aka friends) in the comments section of this blog - because you all will be fully compelled to respond, I know it!

Wednesday I leave for Sweden where I will be for the next three weeks, immersed in the language - struggling to express myself in a foreign language. Until I learn some more adjectives, everything is going to be "bra" (good) or "dalig" (bad). While I am in Sweden, this blog will be more of a travel journal with the occasional historical cultural insight. More likely, it will chronicle my attempts to track down the Swedish prince or Joachim Johansson, a pro-tennis player. You will have to gauge on your own, my level of sarcasm in that last statement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home